Meditation with your spaPosted: September 21, 2022
What has been missing in your relaxation time?
Meditation is a great way to destress, relax and great way to find balance Hot tubs have proven to not only help with relaxing mentally but physically as well! So why not combine the two for an environment that can be beneficial to your mental and physical health?
What is meditation?
Meditation is a practice in which an individual uses a technique such as mindfulness, or focusing the mind on a particular object, thought, or activity to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state.
There is more than one way to meditate, whether it’s through concentration meditation, mindfulness meditation, or tai chi.
Things to know before diving in 😉
Meditation takes practice like anything else. Here are some tips on meditating with your spa:
- Practice meditating for just two minutes at first. As you feel more comfortable, increase your meditation time little by little.
- Plan to meditate at the same time every day. Schedule a 20-minute renewal soak in your hot tub every day. This soak can relax your body while you focus on relaxing your mind.
- As you begin, focus on resting with complete stillness, mindfulness, and awareness.
- Make comfort your priority. Pick your favorite seat in the hot tub. Remove any distractions, including the hot tub jets. You can easily turn them off and soak quietly.
- Relax completely. Let your eyes close. Breathe normally through your nose, taking deep breaths as needed.
- Turn away from the outside world and bring your attention inward. Focus on your breathing. Feel each inhalation and exhalation. Push all thoughts out of your mind and focus completely on the act of breathing.
- Bring your focus inward and you try to achieve true stillness. As you practice more and more, you will find stillness is easier to accomplish.
- Don’t be hard on yourself if your thoughts wander (and they will). You’ll get better at it with practice.
Achieving true silence in your mind is the most difficult part, as it is contrary to our mental nature. Keep practicing, as each effort is a great stress reducer!
Visit your local PPS
If you don’t already have your hot tub or spa, now’s the time come visit one of our locations and get you started!